Brucon is an annual two-day conference by and for the security and hacker community. The conference offers lectures and workshops on a multitude of topics like computer security, privacy, information technology and its implications on society. It takes place at the Surfhouse in Brussels, Belgium on September 18 and 19.
Besides presentations on IPv6 security, MPLS hacking, Cyberwarfare, Social engineer techniques, Cloud Computing Security, Open source Information gathering, Dangers of Social networks, and much more, there will be interesting workshops and other events. More information about the program is available on www.brucon.org. The content will be updated as time progresses so keep an eye on our website.
Visitors are welcome to actively contribute to the conference. Do you have a topic to discuss like a tool, a website, your blog or any project that could be interesting to others, please submit it as a lightning talk on our wiki. Do you any suggestions or questions about our event? Feel free to contact us at crew_at_brucon.org.
Normal registration fees (including VAT) for BruCON are:
- 180 Euro early bird (prior to July 1st 2009)
- 250 Euro 1st of July – 31st of August 2009
- 300 Euro afterwards and at doors
- 50 Euro early bird (prior to July 1st 2009)
- 90 Euro afterwards and at doors
1 Early birds can win a security course, check www.brucon.org for more info. Early bird payments must be received before 1st of July to be applicable.
² Only applies to the first 50 students. After this, normal conference prices will apply.
WINSEC members get a 10% discount on conference tickets using promo-code.
(Request the promocode at info(at)winsec.be).
Additionally, BruCON is offering the following three courses from renowned trainers:
- Crash course in Penetration Testing by Joe McCray, and Chris Gates
- Web 2.0 Hacking: Attacks and defenses by Shreeraj Shah
- Social engineering techniques for IT Security professionals by Sharon Conheady
See the Brucon website for more information.