(note-to-self, as per support article KBA-01026-GQ8D6F)
This error is seen in the expreSSO AD sync logs (located at ‘/var/log/sync_logs/sync_engine.log’):
ERROR SyncEngine Internal error: Error when searching endpoint AD
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error on search: [LDAP: error code 12 – 00002040: SvcErr: DSID-031401E0, problem 5010 (UNAVAIL_EXTENSION), data 0
This is because of how AD is queried bij VSS/expreSSO for deleted objects.
This error is thrown by Microsoft AD when searching for more than 250 entries.
(BTW: Other platforms suffer from the same issue. Like OID, see here.)
You will need to apply a Microsoft patch to all of your Server 2008 domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977180.
(replace 2 system files in case of x64 servers).
In addition to that patch, you must also add the following key to the registry of the DCs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Right-click the Parameters subkey, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type DSA Heuristics, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DSA Heuristics, type 0000000001, and then click OK.Note There are nine zeros and a one in this registry value.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Once the patch has been applied and the registry updated, you’ll need to reboot your AD servers.