The Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 Community Evaluation Program has been launched.
It allows you to evaluate the pre-release version of Microsoft® Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2. The
Members of this program are able to evaluate the Beta version of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2.
This Beta focuses on the new and improved features included in the FIM R2 release.
- Web-based Self-Service Password Reset
- Improved performance for the initial load of the FIM database
- Scale and load performance improvements
- Outlook® 2010 support for the FIM add-ins and extensions
- SharePoint® 2010 support
- Improved troubleshooting support.
You can download the installation bits & bytes from the Connect site by
1. Clicking on this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/site433/SelfNomination.aspx?ProgramID=6639&pageType=1
2. Logging into Connect
- Search the Directory for Forefront Identity Manager.
- Click on the Join link on the FIM 2010 R2 Beta line
- Answer the survey questions and Submit. This auto-approves you for the Beta connection.
- Click the Downloads link in the left column.
At the download section, you’ll find
– the FIM 2010 R2 Beta
– the FIM2010 ECMA2 Beta
- The download includes the R2 docs and langpacks.
The documents will be published on Technet shortly.
You’ll notice that the download section not only contains the beta software.
There is more…
The program hosts a series off online sessions on different CEP topics
2-Aug-‘11 : CEP Kick-off, FIM 2010 R2 Intro – What’s New
30-Aug-‘11: Web-based Password Reset
13-Sep-‘11: Performance Improvements
27-Sep-‘11: Outlook 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Support
11-Oct-‘11: Troubleshooting Improvements
25-Oct-‘11: Wrap-up and Customer Success Stories
Time to get started!