The FIM Product group has has released a new version of ECMA2, one new Connector and an update to two Connectors to Connect for pre-release evaluation.
A new release of the Sync Engine is available on Connect and it has ECMA 2.2 in it. These are the new features:
– An ECMA2 Connector can be initiated and can run outside the sync engine. It is now possible to do a test driven implementation where you create all unit tests for your Connector in Visual Studio and test your Connector without even having a Sync Engine. You can also debug the Connector without having a Sync Engine present.
– A new capabilities page and calling the capabilities later in the flow. It is now possible to ask the user for information and connect to the target directory and use that information for the Connector’s capabilities.
– Added support for dn as anchor for LDAP based directories and not providing the object type for update/delete operations in delta import.
There is also a new Connector:
– PowerShell. This is the MCS Connector the PG took back and productized. Some of the features mentioned above for ECMA 2.2 were added to make this Connector easier to use.
The PG also refreshed some Connectors based on feedback from our previous pre-release:
– SharePoint User Profile Connector will allow you to connect to the user profile store in SharePoint. This will simplify integrations for multi-forest and non-AD directories.
– The Generic LDAP Connector is intended for connectivity with Open LDAP directories.
The PG team is also looking for customers who would be interested to test these Connectors in a production environment.
These customers will get access to the Volume License version of FIM.
(If interested, ping me an email on peter(at)fim2010.com)
Make sure you have signed up for the program “Forefront Identity Manager 2010” – “FIM Synchronization Service Connectors Pre-release” on Connect. Even if you had access to a previous FIM2010 connect program, you need to add yourself to the Connectors program.
You can then find the download here: https://connect.microsoft.com/site433/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=48615