New Azure Active Directory Synchronization Services (AAD Sync) has reached general availability.
Here are more details about this – and here is the related documentation.
If you just want to get started, just click here to download AAD Sync.
As discussed on the release blog post:
“AAD Sync capabilities in this release include the following;
- Active Directory and Exchange multi-forest environments can be extended now to the cloud.
- Control over which attributes are synchronized based on desired cloud services.
- Selection of accounts to be synchronized through domains, OUs, etc.
- Ability to set up the connection to AD with minimal Windows Server AD privileges.
- Setup synchronization rules by mapping attributes and controlling how the values flow to the cloud.
- Preview AAD Premium password change and reset to AD on-premises.”