#MIM2016 Troubleshooting: SQL Connection issues

On TNWiki you’ll find my latest article on MIM 2016 troubleshooting.

MIM 2016 Troubleshooting: SQL Connection issues

This week I got (dragged into/) involved in a MIM 2016 performance troubleshooting, on a test / dev server, facing a large bunch of errors.

The first detection happened on the sync server, but apparently rather it’s twin brother was causing the issues.

It became pretty quickly obvious that MIM was not able to connect to (one of) it’s databases on the SQL server, so the sync engine was unable to pull information from the MIM service.

Also bizar, we could still work on the MIM sync GUI, but almost any MA action in the GUI failed…

Furthermore the Portal did not respond and finally the “MIM Service” service, didn’t behave as expected, not willing to start.

The event viewer contained the obvious amount of errors…

Finally,  the SQL DBA to the rescue.

I’ve added a lot of significant technical event info into the article, to make it easy to search for you, for later reference.

Read the tech details in: MIM 2016 Troubleshooting: SQL Connection issues

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s