MIM Sync

#MIM2016 Troubleshooting: SQL Connection issues

On TNWiki you’ll find my latest article on MIM 2016 troubleshooting.

MIM 2016 Troubleshooting: SQL Connection issues

This week I got (dragged into/) involved in a MIM 2016 performance troubleshooting, on a test / dev server, facing a large bunch of errors.

The first detection happened on the sync server, but apparently rather it’s twin brother was causing the issues.

It became pretty quickly obvious that MIM was not able to connect to (one of) it’s databases on the SQL server, so the sync engine was unable to pull information from the MIM service.

Also bizar, we could still work on the MIM sync GUI, but almost any MA action in the GUI failed…

Furthermore the Portal did not respond and finally the “MIM Service” service, didn’t behave as expected, not willing to start.

The event viewer contained the obvious amount of errors…

Finally,  the SQL DBA to the rescue.

I’ve added a lot of significant technical event info into the article, to make it easy to search for you, for later reference.

Read the tech details in: MIM 2016 Troubleshooting: SQL Connection issues

Advertisements