Source: » »
Today the SCM team has finally released the SCM baselines for Windows 8.1, IE 11 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
To get the updates you can open the SCM tool and select the “Download Microsoft baselines automatically” in the tool:
Please carefully read the Release Notes for these baselines in the Attachments/Guides section as there are a couple of known issues that may affect capabilities that worked in the past, but are no longer working with SCM and other related tools.
Alternatively, you can download all the CAB files directly from the following links:
Lastly, a HUGE thank you goes to the SCM team, Aaron Margosis and Rick Munck who have put huge efforts to release these baselines.
They have also produced the SCM materials, along with a more extensive set of GPO’s and security guide here for customers to use: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/aaron_margosis/archive/2014/08/15/security-baselines-for-windows-8-1-windows-server-2012-r2-and-internet-explorer-11-final.aspx.
- SCM Baselines for Windows 8.1, IE 11 and Server 2012 R2 are now live!
- What’s New in Recommended Security Baseline Settings for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Internet Explorer 11
- Changes in the Security Guidance for Windows 8.1, Server 2012 R2 and IE11 since the beta
- Security baselines for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Internet Explorer 11 – FINAL
A hotfix rollup package (build 4.1.3599.0) is available for Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This hotfix rollup resolves some issues and adds some features that are described in the “More Information” section.
Details at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2980295/nl
For a complete list of the hotfixes for FIM 2010 (incl. R2…), go to http://aka.ms/FIMBuilds
Note-to-self: Microsoft announced the final release of security baseline settings for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Internet Explorer 11
Microsoft is pleased to announce the final release of security baseline settings for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Internet Explorer 11.
There are a few changes between these recommendations and the beta version we released in April. They discuss those changes in more detail in two other blog posts: one about most of the changes, and another detailed post about the issues around account lockout recommendations.
The Azure Active Directory Synchronzation services team has announced that the AAD Sync Beta 3 is now available for download through the Identity and Access Management program on Microsoft Connect.
You’ll find the download at https://connect.microsoft.com/site433/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=54059
In this release they made a lot of investments in our Hybrid Exchange and Multi-forest configuratrions and added the experience for multi-forest password write-back.
Make sure to read the documentation at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=393942 before installing the product and visit it again for updates.
Provide feedback using “Feedback” on Connect. This will get you direct access to the PG and support.
Source: MS Connect announcement by the AADSync product group
Microsoft announced the the availability of AADSync Beta2 on Connect.
You can download it here : AAD Sync Beta2 (https://connect.microsoft.com/site433/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=53831)
With Beta 2 there are some new features frequently requested:
- Select only required services/attributes to synchronize to AAD
- Exchange hybrid deployments
- Password write-back for multiple-forests (AAD Premium preview feature)
Good news: the AADSync product group is looking for customers who are interested in using Beta2 in production. If you are interested, then do the following:
- Download the updated build from Connect and read the documentation on http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=393942 for the latest information.
- Install and verify the scenarios you plan for production use. You do not need permissions from Microsoft to start evaluating AADSync.
- If you find any issues or need help, submit feedback through Connect. This is also the fastest way to get access to our beta support team.
- When you have completed the verification and all issues have been resolved, send an email to “Azure AD Sync Service Feedback”AADSyncFB@microsoft.com with information which scenarios you plan to use and have verified are working. Also provide contact information. The team will respond back with information on how to get call-in support during the preview phase.
Thank you for helping us make AADSync a better product,
Find more information on AADSync on TechNet Wiki: http://aka.ms/AADSYnc.